"I respect everybody, but I find it quite ridiculous when someone has more than a thousand friends on Facebook (and they claim that these are all real life friends). I guess it all depends on how much you value your online interaction with others and your privacy. I do not believe anyone who requests to see my private information should be able to do so, especially if I don’t know that person. On the other hand, I understand the potential benefits one can obtain from good networking. For my research project last semester, I needed people to fill out a survey, and having three hundred Facebook friends made it easier for me to reach a large amount of responses in very limited time. It is all a matter of perspective and priorities, but there should be a clear understanding of the difference between Internet “friend” and real-life “friend”."
No comments:
Post a Comment